× Welcome to the Sakic.Net forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New rules because of spam

14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #5211 by Saka
Because of the recent wave of human spam attacks ( www.sakic.net/blog/forum-spam/ ) there are 2 new rules on this forum:

1. All new registrations are manually reviewed and must be approved.
New registrants must fill in a field "Reason for registration". There has to be a genuine reason why you want to join. Reasons like "want to learn about web programming" are not good and will be rejected. Also, if you use Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail there is a big chance I will reject you even before I read the reason so if you have a business email address use it!

2. New registrants that have less than 10 useful posts are not allowed to enter a personal signature nor website URL to their profile.
If you register, get approved and then first thing you do is enter a link to your signature there is a big chance you will get banned. Note that I can easily disallow entering URLs and signatures for users that don't have enough posts but that would make it difficult for me to identify spammers. Instead, this information is hidden in profile view until you have 10 posts.

I am sorry for inconvenience that this causes the honest user but it is the only way to deal with spam so please bear with us and follow these simple rules.

Thank you.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch