Redirect issue

15 years 5 months ago #4220 by matthewgann
I use Finder from jxtended (just to get out that out there).

When I go to www.mysite.com/search , it automtically takes you to Joomla's com_search.  That annoys me and I can't figure out a way to get it to NOT do that. 

So, I figure I would do a redirect.  I put a redirect in: "search" to "index.php?Itemid=27&option=com_finder", and it doesn't work.  So, just to make sure, I put in another redirect (scholarweb to wserver.mydomain.com/scholarweb/index.asp ) and it doesn't work either.  I tried them both as 301's and 307's and neither redirected.

So, I figured why not try an alias, because I have quite a few of those and they work great.  I put in "search" to go to "index.php?Itemid=27&option=com_finder" and i get this error: "Fatal error: Class 'JRouterSite' not found in D:\xampp\htdocs\components\com_sef\sef_func.php on line 0".

So, any help to get anything to work would be amazing.  Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #4221 by Saka
/search is reserved for core search component.

A redirect should work. Did you publish it?
Source URL: scholarweb/
Target URL: wserver.mydomain.com/scholarweb/index.asp
Then try: www.mysite.com/scholarweb/

Again I wouldn't use word "search" for any of options, it is reserved. Use "find" or something like that.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 5 months ago #4222 by matthewgann
It was the trailing /.  I don't know how i missed that.

Thank you for your help....I LOVE your component.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch