Some chars not replaced

15 years 5 months ago #4238 by alejo
Hi Saka :)

There are two issues here which I believe are not related to JReviews atll:

1) The characters not being replaced in an article link:

But the URL www.crazynight.dk/13-hvad-bør-i-få-bekræftet.html is only partly translated, as it ends up as www.crazynight.dk/13-hvad-boer-i-faa-bekræftet.html where "æ" in "bekræftet" is not translated to "ae" as it should.

JReviews uses the JRoute class to generate article urls. So even without JReviews those links will not have the replacements of SEF Advance. This is something klp29 needs to confirm by checking the article urls in a core Joomla article page or using Joomla latest news module.

2) The article urls where the replacement is working are in fact JReviews urls, so I don't see any problem there with JReviews:

It's very strange, because in another URL on the same site, "æ" in "planlægning" IS replaced by" ae":

www.crazynight.dk/jreviews/Polterabend-a...rabend_c111_m89.html

This is a JReviews category url, replacements are working.

3) The fact that the component url segment is not being replaced from " jreviews"  to "anbefalinger" is entirely SEF Advance's responsibility. If the user didn't have a sef_ext.php file, then the JReviews urls wouldn't appear as sef at all like they are now.

I hope that helps.

jReviews :: Directory / Ratings / Reviews
www.reviewsforjoomla.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #4240 by Saka
Alejandro, you are right. Haven't noticed that first URL was a content link. Thanks.

Klp: as suggested do not use new lines in replacements, turn off cache in SEF Advance. Then if it doesn't work contact me on mail with the access info.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 5 months ago #4241 by Saka
BTW, I made an improved sef_ext.php extension for SEF Advance which get rid of numbers in URLs (e.g. www.crazynight.dk/jreviews/Polterabend-a...-af-polterabend.html ).

Are you interested in including it in your component or should I publish it here separately?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 11 months ago #4996 by kram
Hello Emir,

Could you tell me how to remove the /jreviews/ from the url?

JReview: 2.1.5.124
SEF ADV: 2.1.4

Thanks

Mark Brindley
www.2large.co.za

14 years 11 months ago #4999 by Saka
You can't remove it, only replace it by some other string.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch