Problem with URLS

15 years 4 months ago #4345 by matthewgann
I'm having an issue.

I have an article with an alias of "studenthandbook" in the "Mechanical Engineering" category, "Metchanical Engineering" Section.
the url that's generated is as such: www.myname.com/me/studenthandbook

I also have a listing of articles in the "Student Handbook" category in the "Handbook" section.  I have "category listing" selected as the menu type for this.
the url that's generated is as such: www.myname.com/handbooks/studenthandbook

These are obviously two different things in different categories, but when I click on the link thats suppose to go to the Student Handbook category listing, it goes to the Student Handbook article in the Mechanical Engineering category.

Any help on how to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #4346 by Saka
Your SEF Advance version and URL settings, exact URL would be nice too (send a mail if you don't want to post publicly).

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 4 months ago #4347 by matthewgann
Version: 2.0.4 with cache disabled.

15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #4348 by Saka
I saw it happen somewhere if section is excluded from URL but when I test it it is distinct correctly (see www.sakic.net/forum/sef_advance/rogue_ur...html;msg4079#msg4079 )

So best to send me a mail with the access info to have a look on your site.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 4 months ago #4358 by matthewgann
Yeah, because of a transition from the old site and trying to keep URLS, I have to just use categories  in the URLs.

Either way, you have e-mail with access information.

15 years 4 months ago #4382 by matthewgann
Is there an update on this?  did you get my e-mail with login details to check the problem?

Thanks!
-mg

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch