Blogsection sef advance 2008 problem

15 years 4 months ago #4403 by mark2000
Hi,
I have installed sef advance 2008 and run joomla 1.510 On a page i have the blogsection-category layout selected which in my other joomla 1.015 site has the url blogsection/category.html and all articles are displayed as in the settings from the layout page ie, full article, all articles in a single comlumn ect.
With the J1.5 sef 2008, when i have the component turned off the same page is shown however when i have the sef advance component turned on it doesnt display the blogsection layout but only displays a list of article links. It also fails to use the configuration data from the blogsection layout pages such as number of links, intro text or number of columns.
I have had a joomla expert look at this problem and he suggests it is probably a bug. Has anyone a solution to this problem particluarly the developers of this commercial product.
many thanks
mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #4404 by Saka

15 years 4 months ago #4406 by mark2000
thanks. i had a duplicate link from an unpublished module to the same blogsection that was creating the problem. now working, but without the blogsection bit from the old 1.105 link, and now contains the section/ title. i can 301 redirect the old url but any suggesstions welcome

15 years 4 months ago #4407 by Saka
Just redirect it. The blog layout URL format is different and improved for Joomla 1.5.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch