virtuemart checkout loop redirect

15 years 4 months ago #4408 by mark2000
Hi
I am using sef advance 208 with j 1.510 and have the virtuemart sef plugin activated. It writes the urls just like my old .1015 site which also used the sef advance component.
I can browse the products and add to cart however when i go to checkout i get hold up in ie, and get a loop error in firefox which happens on this url www.mysite.co.uk/virtuemart/checkout.html
I've tried turning the sef advance component to ignore virtuemart and it works fine with non sef-urls.
Has anyone come across this and are there any solutions to the loop redirect?
thanks
mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #4534 by turbosatan
i am also getting this behaviour at the moment.

same j 1.5.10 and brand new VM

click checkout and get a endless loop.

Plz Hlp

15 years 3 months ago #4535 by Saka
I'm getting pretty tired of same questions over and over again. Search the forum first!
Upgrade to latest version of extension for VM from this site and turn OFF redirect non-SEF to SEF in configurations!

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 3 months ago #4536 by turbosatan
wow way to go with the customer services.

i am fairly sure i did search which is what lead me here. and didnt i give you some money for the plugin??? maybe you might modify your attitude a little and keep the "i am so tired of stupid people" comments to yourself.

I recommend your plugin to lots of people all the time.

15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #4539 by Saka
Extensions for 3rd party components are not part of SEF Advance and are provided for free and with limited support. This particular issue has been answered several times here, for example here:
www.sakic.net/forum/sef_advance/problem_...checkout-t927.0.html
www.sakic.net/forum/sef_advance/virtuema...problems-t791.0.html
and I am sorry but it's annoying to keep answering it over and over again.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 3 months ago #4565 by pilotjourney
..let's all play nicel ....

Here's the issue which Sakic.net AND us customers have to deal with and understand.

The developers of all these complex components do not notify Sakic.net of changes and even a "." can cause URL rewrites not to work.  I have the same issue on my site.  As fast as we make our Kunena extension work....then a new release comes out and it breaks.  Or it's just a bug that we did.

We paid like 40 Eur for the SEF Advance extension and our search engine traffic soared...for 40 Eur...show me another way for 40 Eur we could have done that.....

We did find an issue with the *FREE* extension donated for Virtuemart and are paying someone to look at it right now.  Perhaps the way to deal with donated extensions is for all of users to pick one, get it working and then share it with others?

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch