Just want to clarify something about how to use SEF advance....

15 years 3 months ago #4569 by MoneyMagnets
Hi everyone,

I've downloaded the trial version and there's something I want to check.

Usually in Joomla 1.5 I enter the article and enter the meta description and keywords by the article.

If I decide to stay with SEF advance I have to go into the SEF advance component, enter the URL (how do I know that?) and all the information there rather than on the article itself.

If I have articles with all the meta info already there I have to re-enter all this data into the SEF advance is that correct?

I'm trying to make sure I understand how it all works before my 5 days are up  :)

Thanks,
Karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #4570 by Saka
No, you don't have to do that at all. You can still use your article's metadata. Metadata entered in alias section are only if you want to override that or to enter metadata on pages where Joomla don't allow you to.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 3 months ago #4571 by MoneyMagnets
Thank you for clarifying that since on another website I thought that what they said I had to do and that seemed a bit long winded.

Thanks..

Karen

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch