[SOLVED?]Cant Get Rid Of NOTICE

15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #4626 by dezblanco
For one day/hours looking for a way to remove this Notice: undefinded offset: 1.......serf.php on line 0

Did not relize until short moment ago this was installed as part of SEFA.

I've tried

php_flag display_errors on
php_value error_reporting 7

Evidently I need more information than what was posted because I ended up with 500 error

Other things tried: turn off error reporting

No avail...runi SEFA 2.0.9...Joomla 1.5.11 PHP5 linux

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #4627 by Saka
Where exactly do you get this notice? Is it together with some other component?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #4630 by dezblanco

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/onixhdw1/public_html/components/com_sef/sef.php on line 0

The notice appears right at the top of the page; after a user logs in, there will be two of them there at the top about half an inch apart.

Its only happening on two of my pages---well make that 3 now.  After taking modules off, one at time to see if it went away, which it didn't, I rebuilt a new home page.  Suddenly right at 7pmEST the error popped up on the new home page I was building, when the 35 minutes prior it wasn't there.  I would refresh the screen with each module to see if the error would appear.  

http://xxxxxxx/home/
, /hot-spots/ and now /2home

15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #4631 by Saka
I always develop with full reporting on but never see that notice. It must depend on some setting or extension you have. Anyway, I tried to fix it based on the output on your site. Please download the latest version of SEF Advance 2008, reinstall and see if it goes away.

Regardless of outcome, it's best to turn off display of notices on a live site, they are NOT errors and displaying them is not PHP default.

You can turn them off different ways, with .htaccess, php.ini or in Joomla global configurations. Looks like the .htaccess method didn't work for you so try setting it off in Joomla (Server > Error Reporting > Simple).

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 3 months ago #4632 by dezblanco
Well, I've reinstalled the package and I have no errors.  It is now 10:43 pm here.  when I created the new home page before, the NOTICE didn't show up until 7pm straight up.  So let's see what happens at 11pm.

15 years 3 months ago #4633 by dezblanco
File this under X-Files.  I haven't got a clue.  I know I had uninstalled the SEFA package atleast twice before assuming that might fix it, but the NoTICE kept coming back.  I guess 3rd time is a charm

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch