Problem with broken image and URL paths

15 years 2 months ago #4750 by adblaze
I started getting a weird problem on my site recently and cannot figure out what has caused it. I actually don't know if this is a problem related to SEF advance. I thought I would start by posting this here to see is someone may know what is causing this.

I recently started finding links to URL's and images within stories broken, I checked the path on these and found that they had changed.

For instance. I have a story at:

www.expertreviews.com/about-us/real-reviews-by-real-experts/

The image that was showing on the page previously was located at:

www.expertreviews.com/images/stories/rok.../business-people.jpg

For some reason I now get a broken image since the location is showing as:

www.expertreviews.com/about-us/real-revi.../business-people.jpg

The path now has the directory of the story and the story address appended so it shows broken.

I have gone in to change the address of the image and the images on the edit page show up properly. I check the path of the image and it shows this:

images/stories/rokstories/business-people.jpg

I add a forward slash to the beginning of the URL / and click to save and same problem. The forward slash does not save and I still have broken images.

Any ideas as to what is causing this. I have checked and double checked settings and can't figure this out. As I said the paths were fine before. I can't  think of any changes I made that would have altered the relative paths.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #4752 by Saka
Make sure that the built-in SEF plugin is present and published. (System - SEF).

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 2 months ago #4755 by adblaze
I had posted a question regarding the System SEF plugin and was told to disable it.

www.sakic.net/forum/sef_advance/question...html;msg4726#msg4726

Anyways, enabled and problem fixed. Thanks.

15 years 2 months ago #4756 by adblaze
Dohh, misread that post. I see now that you said that it should be published as well.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch