Alias, menus items and categories

15 years 2 months ago #4776 by MoneyMagnets
I decided to turn on the alias since it would be better for some of my articles.
The urls for my articles are great however now I've noticed something strange from my menus now. The section is now showing on the menus - so before the link from one of my menus
would be

www.money-magnets.net/personal-development/

now it's www.money-magnets.net/money-magnets/personal-development/

However it's not on all the menu items - just the ones that are listing category sections. Menu links to a single article are fine.

The global parameters for articles are to hide the category and sections and they are working for the articles. I've also got the include section and category in SEF advance set to No.

Any suggestions of what I need to change so that I can get my links back the way they were?

I know it's probably not a big issue but SEF advance has such an improvement to the URL's that this stood out.   

Thanks,
Karen 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #4777 by Saka
Personal development is the name of a category (blog listing)? Are you talking about manual alias?
Section part is always showed in category URLs unless manual alias is used. It's only skipped in article URLs.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 1 month ago #4779 by MoneyMagnets
No I wasn't meaning the manual alias, simply switching alias on in SEF advance and using the alias for articles (when you actually create the article).

Thanks for explaining. Not sure how I had it working the way I had it working before then. Must have been something else I did because I'm certain it didn't have section in the URL before from the menus.

I'll keep investigating.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards,
Karen   

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch