difficulty at the start

17 years 5 months ago #490 by Elles
Hi,

I know that my issues are very likely all my fault as I am a serious newb.  But I have a couple of .htaccess questions.  My site has the demo installed and I am running iJoomla magazine.  With the magazine component ignored, I can get to my homepage, but on everything else I get:

"The requested URL /News/Latest_News/Please_Pardon_our_Mess!/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

or something similar depending on the url I'm trying to reach.  I have read the FAQ and understand that I may need to replace the .htaccess file on the server, but I am such a newb that that makes me a little nervous. 

Do I just upload the .htaccess file via ftp and overwrite it with the new one?  will that help solve my problem?

sorry to be so nervous about this, but I don't want to do it incorrectly and mess up my site to the point that I can't fix it.

Cheers,
Elles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #491 by Saka
Yes you just upload the new .htaccess and replace the old one OR you edit your existing .htaccess to enable for 3rd party SEF components.

There are instructions for editing Joomla's .htaccess in the comments within the fle, but there are bigger chances to do it incorrectly than to just replace with the new one that I provided.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 10 months ago #1571 by webmasterfacile.it
Elles i have fixed it,

try with this .htaccess

i have resolved this problem with sef advance .

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch