Possible to use with sh404sef installed/creating comptblty for custom components

14 years 8 months ago #5151 by dinnerbucket
Hello,

I am in the process of creating a new Joomla site, and naturally, I'm concerned about SEO/SEF issues.

I am on the fence between SEF Advance 2 and sh404sef. 

I plan on using the following components:

Jomsocial
MyBlog
JomComment
iJoomla News Portal
JVideodirect
**I have also hired custom programmers to make two complex components.

My first question is: Is it possible to have both SEF Advance 2 and sh404sef installed on the same domain and use them for different components? Or do they conflict with each other?

Does SEF Advance 2 have support for any of the above components I mentioned?

I've read on the ijoomla boards that the latest version of News Portal is not compatible with SEF Advance 2. According to the ijoomla forum, this is being worked on, but from what I can tell, the wheels turn very slowly over there.

I've also read about compatibility issues with sh404sef with other components I plan on using, including MyBlog.

I see on the sh404sef site they have instructions for making third party components able to work with sh404sef that do not already have built in compatibility.  Does SEF Advance have a similar guide? If so, which do you think is easier to to make third party components compatible? Any rough idea what a programmer would charge to assist with making a component compatible with either sh404sef and/or SEF Advance 2?

Thanks so much for any insight and help you can offer. Much appreciated.

-Joel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #5156 by Saka
Hi,

My first question is: Is it possible to have both SEF Advance 2 and sh404sef installed on the same domain and use them for different components? Or do they conflict with each other?

They will most probably conflict. Best to have only one SEF URL component installed.

Does SEF Advance 2 have support for any of the above components I mentioned?

SEF Advance supports anything that's supported by core-SEF. So if the component includes router.php file for Joomla built-in SEF, it will be used by SEF Advance too.

Also, the component can utilize specific SEF Advance extension, such as listed on this page: www.sakic.net/products/sef_advance/extensions/
The guide for creating such extension can be found here: www.sakic.net/support/sef_advance_extensions/

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch