Menu links to Contacts module

14 years 7 months ago #5198 by MGSmith
Hi!

I have just installed SEF Advance trial on a rebuilt website (Joomla 1.5) and am very impressed. After setting up some aliases it is working just as I would want it to.

However, I have found one strange problem. I have menus set up for a number of our congregations which link to the pages for that congregation. Each menu is set up to only appear on the pages to which it applies. All works OK with SEF disabled (in global configuration) but with SEF enabled then, most of the time, the menu link which goes to the relevant Contacts entry works, but the menu itself fails to appear on that page.

I say most of the time for with two of the menus there is no problem. The link to Contacts works AND the menu appears on the page which results.

I have checked the non-SEF URLs and they are all of the format option=com_contact&view=contact&id=xx&itemid=yy
For each link the id and itemid are unique.

The menu settings and menu module settings are all identical so far as I can tell (checked several times). And it is the enabling of SEF which causes this behaviour.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MG Smith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #5199 by Saka
Hello,

It's Itemid issue, please check this FAQ: www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#19

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 7 months ago #5200 by MGSmith
Thanks, although having searched the forum earlier, your response was not unexpected!

Could you spell out for a newbie what I can do to solve this, please?

I have checked that the itemids are unique. I have renamed all the menu links to give them unique names (previously they were called 'Contact Us').

If these are unique should that not be preventing the problem?

Thanks,

MG Smith

14 years 7 months ago #5201 by Saka
As FAQ says: turn on debugging in SEF Advance and see which Itemid you get when SEF Advance is turned on compared with the Itemid in non-SEF URL on the same page.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch