redirecting to homepage

14 years 5 months ago #5291 by damo
hi
this is strange and probably obvious but i've looked for 20 mins now and cant figure it out. i am using sef advance on 2 other sites with the same set up and everything is fine but on one when my article gets tweeted via the twitter status component the bit.ly url redirects to the home page

the short url that is created works if i turn sef advance off but if i turn it on it doesn't. this is the url getting created:

bit.ly/a6Zutz
which when you look at what it is coming from is this this:
www.dugdale.se/component/content/article...-nexus-one-in-sweden

which should redirect to:
www.dugdale.se/blog/tech/a-month-with-th...nexus-one-in-sweden/
because i have the 3 redirect options in the configuration page set to yes but instead, it redirects to the homepage

i've just updated to the latest version because of this issue thinking it might fix it, but it doesn't .. any suggestions?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #5293 by Saka
Hard to say without testing on your site directly. But redirecting built-in SEF URLs to SEF Advance ones might not work in all cases since there are different versions of the link. Again, I can't tell you more unless I can test on your site. But why don't you make bit.ly links to point to proper SEF Advance links instead?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 5 months ago #5294 by damo
hi emir
it is part of the extension i use and like i said ir works on other sites just fine
do you want access?

14 years 5 months ago #5295 by Saka
The extension should use the correct SEF link. Send me the FTP info and admin password and I will check the redirect.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 5 months ago #5296 by damo
hi emir

email sent

thanks
damian

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch