High CPU usage

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #5444 by damo
Hi

My site is starting to get a bit sluggish and while I am not certain yet, I'm staritng to think that maybe SEF Advance is causing this to happen as my CPU usage is getting quite high .. is there any aspect of  SEF Advance that I might have turned on that is causing this ..

the URL is
www.worldcup2010southafrica.com/

I am running cache in Global Config and the System cache plugin but if you visit the site and a page or two you'll see what I mean about the sluggy speed and I can clear the cache and turn SEF Advance off to show you the difference in speed.

Looking for a bit of help - because I've sort of committed to the extension and I love it ... but I think it might be the culprit to why it is getting slow ... so help or maybe tell me I am completely wrong.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #5445 by Saka
I don't know, the site is quick for me even after clicking on different links. Don't think SEF Advance has any functions that would use CPU out of ordinary. Have you tried turning on and off caching in SEF Advance? Does that make any difference for you?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 3 months ago #5446 by damo
Hi Emir
It turns on your extension has a cache ;)
I found it, turned it on and bingo - much faster
Cheers
Damian

14 years 3 months ago #5447 by damo
actually - i wrote too early

the site is now getting a bit of traffic and if i turn off the extension site is fine

if i turn it on, after about a minute or two .. it gets very sluggish again

if you look now - you will see what i mean. i want to turn it off but then i lose all my links .. i'm hoping we can fix this - i can get you any info you need from the server or provide access to backend

14 years 3 months ago #5448 by damo
Okay 0 it might not be SEF Advance - maybe the core SEF settings

Anyone know a way to play with this?

14 years 3 months ago #5449 by damo
I think it does come down to switching on SEF in Gloabl Config and if that is the case I'm buggered

Is there and I doubt this - a way to redirect your SEF Advance nice URL's to the original?

This is the longest shot in the world - but heres hoping.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch