Moving servers, having a few issues

14 years 2 months ago #5535 by matthewgann
Hi Emir,
I'm in the process of moving from a WAMP to LAMP environment.  I'm having two issues on the test server:

1.) After the move, getting this error message about 10 times at the top of every page:
Deprecated: Function [obfuscated]() is deprecated in XXX/components/com_sef/sef_incl.php

I read around and removed URL replace and encode exceptions, but it's still coming up.

2.) Also, thinking the problem could be fixed with an update, I exported the sefbackup.xml, uninstalled the component, installed 2.3.3 (was running 2.1.1).  When trying to import, I get "Not valid SEF Advance backup file."  I tried exporting again from the live server (SEF Advance working fine), and it still gives the error.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again for an awesome product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #5536 by matthewgann
Sorry, running Apache 2.2.3 with PHP 5.3.2

14 years 2 months ago #5540 by Saka
Hello,

1) PHP 5.3 throws messages for some functions that are soon to be deprecated. The functions still work, it's just that it displays this notice when they are used. It's not errors, everything still works fine, you should just tell your server not to display these notices.

You can do so in your php.ini or via .htaccess using this line:
php_value error_reporting 22527

Eventually I will remove the deprecated functions and replace them so this notice will not appear even if you don't have this line but anyway, the production PHP setup should only display Errors and Warnings, not Notices nor Deprecated messages.

2) Open your XML backup file with a text editor and see if everything looks ok there. Maybe this notice is messing up the output or the import.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch