Error ([an error occurred while processing this directive]) on trial of SEF Adv.

14 years 2 weeks ago #5667 by mburtis
Hi,

I'm testing out SEF Advance for a site I'm working on. I tried installing it on my test server. I checked the IonCube settings (all fine) and I copied over the proper .htaccess to the root of the site.

When I install the component, I get a message that it was successful. But when I try to access any config page for the component, I get: [an error occurred while processing this directive]

It actually appears that the component is working -- the URLs are indeed getting rewritten to SEO-friendly ones. But I can't access any of the options or settings.

I saw a simliar problem described on the boards (at www.sakic.net/forum/sef-advance/(an-erro...ing-this-directive)/ ) but no resolution was ever noted.

Any idea what might be going on?

FWIW, I'm also on Bluehost with this test site as was the original poster in the thread above.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #5668 by Saka
Then the same instruction applies: Please send the FTP info and admin password and I will take a closer look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 1 week ago #5669 by Saka
I tried with unencoded files and everything worked. So obviously it's something wrong with the ionCube loaders installed on your host. You have version 3.3.7 and latest is 3.3.20. You should ask your host to upgrade / fix that.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 1 week ago #5670 by mburtis
Thanks for looking into this Emir. I've contacted my host and requested an upgrade for IonCube.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch