SEF Advance and DOCman 3.1

6 years 4 months ago #7903 by info@scar.org
Hello,

Joomla: 3.7
DOCman: 3.1
SEF Advance 1.8.6

We have a problem with SEF advance working with Joomlatools connect for DOCman ( www.joomlatools.com/connect/ ). It used to work fine, but at some point the SEF component apparently started blocking 'connect'. This is the advice from Joomlatools:

"As for the problem with SEFAdvance, have you reported this issue to the developer of the component? The SEF component shouldn't be influencing random urls, if should only try to handle those urls it allowed to process.

The developer can try this problem using the following url: www.scar.org/index.php?option=com_users This url should work, but it doesn't, its being redirected to the front page. The same problem is happening for the connect urls when we are trying to contact your site.

I'm afraid there is not much we can do about this, we can help the developer diagnose the issue. Emir the developer of SEFAdvance is also a Joomla Co-Founder and a friend. I'm sure we can get this resolved for you."

Is there anything in our configuration that could be causing this? Any help that anyone can give to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Narelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #7911 by Saka
Hello and sorry for delay answering this.

SEF Advance doesn't normally influence non-SEF URLs, you can test by reaching the same URL on this site (which also uses SEF Advance): www.sakic.net/index.php?option=com_users

However, if you activated option "Redirect non-SEF URLs" in SEF Advance settings then it would try to parse URLs like these and redirect to SEF URLs. So I suspect that is the issue and suggest you turn off this setting.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

6 years 4 months ago #7920 by info@scar.org
Many thanks Emir,

That fixed it. All good now.

Regards
Narelle

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch