Missing ItemId with views/layouts in SEF Advance 2008 and Joomla 1.5

4 years 9 months ago #8115 by Lincon
Hello everyone,,,

For some reason, the ItemId is missing for component menu links when views and layouts are specified in Joomla 1.5 with SEF Advance 2008 2.1.4 and sef_ext.php plugin instead of router.php.

This seems to be the case for several components when views and layouts are defined.
For example, adding a component menu link as follows returns the ItemId in the debug output (and assigns templates accordingly):

index.php?option=com_example

But adding a component menu link for a component with defined layouts, as follows, results in an empty ItemId being returned:

index.php?option=com_example&view=someview

-or-

index.php?option=com_example&view=someview&layout=default

Note: Only one menu link per component was used at a time and the menu item trash was emptied to avoid those problems (as discussed at www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#19 ). Menu links were published and available for public access.

This seem to be the case for any 1.5 component that I've tried that has defined views/layouts and uses sef_ext.php.

None of them used router.php files and all had sef_ext.php plugins that work correctly (as I understand sef_ext.php should not need to explicitly set ItemId's).
NOTE: If a router.php file is used instead of sef_ext.php it *does* seem to assign the ItemId correctly.

Is there something I'm missing here, or is there some issue with how SEF Advance retrieves the ItemId from the menu table when using sef_ext.php instead of router.php???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch