Dissapearing site with SEF advance?

17 years 3 months ago #872 by jamskee
Hi All,

First of all, sorry if this has been asked/talked about before, but i have searched around and couldent find anyhting similar and didnt know the right keywords to search the forum which could help me resolve my problem...

ok here is some background... i am running a hosted site (vortech hosting) with joomla 1.0.12, was running SEF advance 4.x then 5.0.4 - now SEF Advance is disabled and ioncube 3.1.29.

Some time this week the frontend of the site i am running seems to have stopped working.  I have done nothing on the site for months and all of a sudden it's partially displaying a bit of the header of the site but not showing graphics or any content… the only page that seems to work ok is search page.

The back end of joomla is working fine but I can’t figure out what has gone wrong.

So, by the off chance i removed SEF Advance and the site came back to life. I then went back and installed the latest version of SEF and the same thing happened as before, it partially displayed a bit of the header of the site but no graphics or any content.

As i said above, i havent done any changes/additions to the site for months and the only way i can resolve this problem is to remove SEF Advance, which isnt good as its needed.  Now all the hard links accross the site are not working because I had to revert to joomlas messy urls :(

Has anyone had a similar problem? Is there a fix?

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #873 by Saka
Never heard of the similar problem. Please contact me on email with the site URL and access info and I will have a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 3 months ago #874 by jamskee
Hi Emir, thanks for getting back to me so soon...

I will send you an email in a few minutes..

Cheers

17 years 3 months ago #875 by jamskee
Emir, did you get any emails from me? sent to your hotmail account

Cheers

17 years 3 months ago #878 by Saka
I got the info, thanks. Will investigate and get back to you.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 3 months ago #915 by jamskee
Hi Emir,

Any luck? i sent you a few emails but im not sure if you have received them?

cheers

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch