it is hard to make it work, why ?

17 years 2 months ago #983 by vilove
Hi,

hope you guys help..

i have just installed and configurate it..but still get no effect to any link in my joomla.

here is the step that i have been passed...

1.installed it
2 htaccess replaced
2.in configuration >>>>sef advance enable YES in preference tab,
3.in alias >> i add new alias

Non Sef Url =  index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=1&ed=2

Alias          = Furnitures

my problem is when i try to visit the link refers to the Furnitures link and its bring me to the same page..and this happen to all the links

i have play around with sef advance around two days..and read your installation instruction in readme file but it still bring in stuck,

what was the step that i miss above ?

what is the right way of giving alias ? is my alias above  correct ( Furniture) if so, what is the right ones ?

i use magazine as my frontpage, i already try to chance the sef_ext.php to sef_magazine.php in main directory of COM_MAGAZINE.but still problem here.

i have suggestion for installation tutorial, please make the really really details installation tutor...because you always meet the dummies question like me...
the readme file in package is not so details....it is not for dummies like me...so create one installation tutorials..for dummies.

as i face now, i am really confuse configurate it..never found like this...in other extension...if it still hard to configurateit ..think back to buy it...maybe this not for dummies

now try the trial ones...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #984 by Saka
1.installed it
2 htaccess replaced
3.in main Joomla configuration activate SEF
4.in configuration >>>>sef advance enable YES in preference tab,

Check 3.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #988 by vilove
thanks for your reply, in actually i have enable the SEF in main joomla configuration , it still not work.
mostly give up here...

17 years 2 months ago #992 by Saka
Send me a mail with your URL and access info and I will take a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #993 by BillyS
vilove - You're doing something wrong.  SEF Advance really is simple to install.

Are you seeing other SEF URLs or are you only having a problem with Alias?

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch