Disable SEF just for one IP

17 years 2 months ago #1007 by netfly
Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible for you Emir to add a function in the next version to be able to disable the SEF only for the IP of the admin; exactly like the debug function in several component.
Actually, I'm building a site with a lot of internal links in every page. For obvious reasons, I prefer to build the internal links with joomla default links. In this case I must to turn off the SEF Adavance every time. It'd be a very cool function to add  ;)

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1009 by Saka
Noted. Will consider it, thanks.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1016 by netfly
Thanks to consider this new function. I think all webmasters agree with me.

17 years 2 months ago #1039 by it-info

Thanks to consider this new function. I think all webmasters agree with me.

Yes i would love such an option, too......

17 years 2 months ago #1066 by Saka
If I understand correctly you would like to be able to switch off SEF completely (both built-in SEF and SEF Advance) for a particular IP.

I am concerned that making this feature would confuse users. The only place to switch SEF on and off is main configuration (configuration.php file). Doing an override in SEF Advance to force switch off would surely confuse unexperienced users as the where to turn on/off which SEF.

There is an easy way to achieve what you want though.
Put this code in your configuration.php:
if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']=='123.123.123.123') {
  $mosConfig_sef = '0';
} else {
  $mosConfig_sef = '1';
}
Change 123.123.123.123 to your IP.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1069 by netfly
YES! it's exactly what I need to build internal links! I will use this code tomorrow when I will come back to create more pages. It's very important to have SEF Advance turned ON all the time because Googlebot and other bots visit my site several times a day.

You understood very well my bad english  :D Thanks!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch