Disable SEF just for one IP

17 years 2 months ago #1077 by it-info
hmm.... the Problem is that i always have to change this adress because im in Germany got random IP-adresses everytime i log-in and ever 24hours....
Can't you make it like with the debug-function? So it recognize your ip automatically and put it in?

Regards, Christian....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1083 by netfly

If I understand correctly you would like to be able to switch off SEF completely (both built-in SEF and SEF Advance) for a particular IP.

I am concerned that making this feature would confuse users. The only place to switch SEF on and off is main configuration (configuration.php file). Doing an override in SEF Advance to force switch off would surely confuse unexperienced users as the where to turn on/off which SEF.

There is an easy way to achieve what you want though.
Put this code in your configuration.php:

if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']=='123.123.123.123') {
  $mosConfig_sef = '0';
} else {
  $mosConfig_sef = '1';
}
Change 123.123.123.123 to your IP.

Hello Emir,

I added the code and change the IP for mine but it doesn't work. The url's generated are very stranges like this:
www.mydomain.com/content/view/183/25/con...content/view/197/21/
The result is strange too  :D all pages looks like the main page but with flash and javascript disabled...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch