Questions to new Sef-Advance fuctions

17 years 2 months ago #1030 by it-info
Hi i have some questions to the new Sef-Advance functions with that custom page Titles and Metadata...
The "Problem" is, im using the so calle " Sef-patch " where i can already specifie custom Page-titles and meta-data an all pages (inkl. Blog-lists and Frontpage, etc.)
So what will happen if i install the New Sef-Advance version? Should i uninstall the SEF-patch first?

I see that you will going with Sef-Advance to a full "Seo-Solution", so why not implement the other features from the Sef-patch into your component?

Regards, Christian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1033 by Saka
I am not familiar with SEF patch component and possible conflicts with it. Can't say anything about that right now, if you let me know what are the conflicts I can take a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1035 by it-info

I am not familiar with SEF patch component and possible conflicts with it. Can't say anything about that right now, if you let me know what are the conflicts I can take a look.

Ok, i will try it and then look if something happens.....
Regards, Christian

17 years 2 months ago #1044 by netfly
Yes, I'm using SEF Patch too!  ;D
I not installed the new SEF Advance version exactly because I don't know if there is a possible conflict.

17 years 2 months ago #1082 by netfly
I installed the latest SEF Advance and seems to work fine with SEF Patch. These 2 components work diferently for custom metadatas.
SEF Patch allow to modify the title and keywords directly in the meta tab when you edit a content. However, SEF Advance allow you to change metadatas if you add a link in the Alias & Meta area of the component. I'm right Emir?
I didn't tested really but seems ok. If I find any bug I will report here.

17 years 2 months ago #1088 by Saka
Yes you are right regarding the SEF Advance. Can't say for SEF patch since I don't use it but good to hear they don't conflict.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch