main menu not working properly

17 years 2 months ago #1050 by lausanne
Hello,

I have the demo running, and am hoping that SEF Advance will be the solution to the problems I had with Artio SEF.

But with the demo running, I find that my main menu does not show the proper sub-menu links. The main menu is the same on every page, but on certain pages it should expand and show the sub-menu links.

I have searched the forums and see the constant reference here:
www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#16

But I don't think this is the problem.

I DO have a top menu and main menu link called "Documents", but they are supposed to go to the SAME page, so that shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Any other advice you can give would be very helpful. I had to uninstall SEF Advance and re-install Artio SEF to keep the site working while we try to figure this out. So you can see the site here www.lausanne.org - if you click on "Gatherings" you will see the sub-menu items appear in the left column underneath "Gatherings". Should this be a problem with SEF Advance?

thank you for any assistance. I hope to get SEF Advance working with the demo so we can get the full version.

-Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1057 by Saka
Yes, that's the Itemid problem. And that FAQ is the solution. You either have duplicate menu entries or no entries at all in menu. A good way to debug is to turn on SEF Advance debugging and see which Itemid it is pulling from database as compared to the Itemid you expect. Then go to the menu and find the Item with that id, it might be in trash as well.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1076 by lausanne
Thanks for the tip about debug mode. I've got it on, and I do see this entry in the left column menu (where it should be listing sub-menu items)

JoomFish debug (new):
reference_table=menu
id IN(86,200,201,203,207,257,258,226,286,260,261,208,262,263,237,244)
language=english
class=stdClass

Here's the thing I am confused about - the last half of those IDs, 226,286,260,261,208,262,263,237,244, are the IDs of the sub-menu items that SHOULD be showing up, but are not. It's hard to tell in debug mode exactly where that table reference is supposed to show up.

Also, I have verified that there is NOTHING in the trash manager. I also have now tried changing the names of the links so that they are different, and that makes no difference.

What else can I try? Are you available over Skype perhaps to help me troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you for any advice you can give.

-Andrew

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch