Problem replacing apostrophes

17 years 2 months ago #1054 by DCB
Url's with apostrophe's are creating problematic URLs. The apostrophe is being replaced as %27 in the url. I've tried to replace this character with another such as "_" but that's giving me errors.

Anyone else experience this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1059 by Saka
If you put it in URL exceptions it should not be replaced, at least it works on my server. I know on some servers it doesn't and it may depend on magic quotes settings.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1072 by DCB
I'm able to add it to the exceptions, but when i do, I get a 404 page on the URL's that then include the apostrophe

16 years 11 months ago #1466 by kai920

I'm able to add it to the exceptions, but when i do, I get a 404 page on the URL's that then include the apostrophe

I'm getting similar errors with titles with apostrophe's. What should the settings of magic_quotes be?

I see 3 variables named
magic_quotes_gpc (on)
magic_quotes_runtime (off)
magic_quotes_sybase (off)

16 years 11 months ago #1476 by Saka
I have the same settings and can't except single quotes either. I will have a look on this issue but for now it's not possible to except single quotes.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 11 months ago #1477 by kai920

I have the same settings and can't except single quotes either. I will have a look on this issue but for now it's not possible to except single quotes.

OK, I will take off the ' exception for now and hope you'll come up with something in the near future.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch