Switching problems - Plz help needing

17 years 2 months ago #1063 by lollo
I noticed a problem switching from another sef plugin for joomla to sakic's one.
If I wanted to redesign perfectly the same structure I had befor switching, I cant if my site use in menu the category blog section.
I'll explain it better with an example:

www.site.com/sectiona/categorya/
www.site.com/sectionb/categoryb/

the best I can do with sefadvance is to have /sectiona/categorya.html (handly)
or fixedblogsection/categorya.html
    fixedblogsection/categoryb.html (automatically)

so....any idea to solve this big problem (for who like me switches from others sef plugin).

Bye and tnx in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1075 by lollo
no-one has idea of?

17 years 2 months ago #1084 by lollo
Im doing my best to solve the problem but I nedd guru's support.
I found an escamotage using manual rewriting rules and more exactly:

sectiona/categorya/index (I'm using .html extension, so I'll obtain sectiona/categorya/index.html very similar to my goal "sectiona/categorya/")
and the same for sectionb/categoryb/.

Now I've got a problem to solve:

how can I cut index.html at the end of the url? Using .htaccess? Can I rewrite a rewrited url? I dont think so.
Please help me, if I solve this problem, then I'll buy this fabolous script.

tnx in advance,
Andrea

17 years 2 months ago #1089 by Saka
Hello,

Sorry but I can't support imitating another SEF product.

SEF Advance has its own standard in creating URLs. If you want to change its look there are settings but sometimes you can't achieve exact result you want so there is alias you can setup for each URL separately.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1092 by lollo
Hi Emir,

thank u for your answer. This is not a "other sef plugin support", my problem is about recreating an highly customizable structure, more similar to the old one as possible.

I just ask for a feature (not too difficult to implement) that could help other customer.
Can u write a rule in the code that cut the index.html even if wrote manually? So I could rewrite an url manually like this sectiona/categorya/index (obtaining this resultsectiona/categorya/index.html) and seeing this url sectiona/categorya/ (my final goal).

Tnx in advance,

Andrea

17 years 2 months ago #1094 by Saka
SEF Advance doesn't produce index.html at the end. The only thing you can do is to use alias and define each URL for itself.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch