Switching problems - Plz help needing

17 years 2 months ago #1096 by lollo

SEF Advance doesn't produce index.html at the end. The only thing you can do is to use alias and define each URL for itself.

Hi Emir,

as I wrote in the post before, I can have both directory and .html structure with a trick....
I'll explain again trying to be more clear:

I get a rewriting url like this sectionA/categoryA.html and I want to obtain this result: sectionA/categoryA/ 

So I wrote an alias like this one sectionA/categoryA/index and at the end I obtained this sectionA/categoryA/index.html
Now all is ok except a little thing, I want not to show the index.html to my url, can I do anything? Can not I remove a piece of rewritten url, can I ?

I hope you can understand my situation now.
Compliments for your great job,

Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1099 by Saka
I think you should do it other way around: not using any suffix. That would give you sectionA/categoryA/
Then just create alias sectionA/categoryA/index.html

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #1100 by lollo

So I wrote an alias like this one sectionA/categoryA/index and at the end I obtained this sectionA/categoryA/index.html
Now all is ok except a little thing, I want not to show the index.html to my url, can I do anything? Can not I remove a piece of rewritten url, can I ?

I need my url written with final html...

Anyway I've just written it! Now I need only to remove the final index.html from the url, is there a solution?

tnx again for your kindness,

Andrea

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch