title tags for 3rd components

17 years 2 months ago #1081 by cassedu
Hi,

I installed the new SEF advance (5.3 - great stuff) which allows me to customize the title tags for aliases. I did it for my aliases but could not do it for 3rd party component (with Sef_ext.php files).
How can I customize it for Moset Tree for example ?
Thanks in advance
Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1087 by Saka
You would need to add each alias for each link manually. Custom titles and meta tags are currently just for aliases.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1095 by cassedu
Hi

thanks for the reply.
Is that scheduled in a next release of SEF advance ?
Otherwise, do you know how to extract all the aliases for moset tree or any other 3rd party component?
I have more than 1900 entries in moset tree and manually, it's gonna be a nightmare  ;D
Thanks!
Thomas

17 years 2 months ago #1098 by Saka
Metadata for Mosets tree should be handled by Mosets tree actually, not SEF Advance.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1101 by cassedu
I just realised that I have a major issue after switching to SEF Advance 5.3.
On my homepage I run Moset tree for a directory of bars, hotels, restaurants, etc. All my categories where perfectly rewritten with the previous version of SA.
Now, when I click on "bars" or "discotheques" categories, it redirects me to the index of Moset tree instead of the sub categories. I have the same issue when entering bars URLs in my browser.
My homepage (in french) http://www.cassedu.com
Titles of the categories are written without capital letters whereas the first letter of the category was before the upgrade. Do you think it cames from sef_ext.php ?
Thanks
Thomas

17 years 2 months ago #1102 by cassedu
I found the issue. When I imported my settings, a ' has been included in the field URL replace which caused errors.
Fixed now.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch