Doesn't work and can't login to admin

17 years 2 months ago #1117 by playshakespeare
I successfully installed the component, but there's no effect. When I add the .htaccess file, every link on the site turns into

Warning: [obfuscated]() [function.[obfuscated]]: REG_BADRPT in /home/playbeta/public_html/components/com_sef/sef_func.php on line 0

I can no longer log into the administrator panel as well.  When I remove the htaccess file, the site looks fin and I can log in to the admin, but no URL rewrites. I thought the install was supposed to be "easy"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1119 by Saka
Please contact me on mail regarding this specific issue. It is some error specific to your site.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #1123 by Saka
You had "+" sign as space character in configuration. This misconfiguration resulted in errors.
You should use hyphen "-" or underscore "_" as word separator.

When you get errors always revert back to default settings to see if the error depends on your own configurations.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #1124 by playshakespeare
Thanks for the tip!  I was using shf404 before and was able to use the plus sign as a word separator in the URL. Is this not advisable for make the most Google-friendly URLs?

17 years 1 month ago #1199 by playshakespeare
It turns out that this was not my server problem but a problem with the htaccess file included with SEF Advance.

Also this extension DOES NOT WORK if you've modified your core Joomla installation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch