BUG: Won't redirect title with "C51XEM2AA-8EKRS2H" in it.

17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #1127 by Phishie
I've been using SEF Advance for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it. I ran in to my first bug today. I upgraded to 5.3.3 but it is still not fixed. I tried creating an article with the title "$84.99 - Foxconn C51XEM2AA-8EKRS2H Motherboard - Socket AM2, NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI, MCP, ATX, AMD".

For some reason the URL it created was 404ing. I use underscore as my space character.

I tried a bunch of different combinations to get it to work.

I tried:
"C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H"
"C51XEM2AA - 8EKRS2H"

Those did not work.

Eventually I settled for "C51XEM2A-8EKRS2H" (I removed one 'A' and it works)

This is a pretty weird little bug. It's not affecting me too much, but it will affect me when people are searching for "C51XEM2AA-8EKRS2H".

It would be nice to see this fixed in the next release.

Thank you,

Phishie Diaz

LawlTech

By the way, the original URL which was leading to a 404 was " www.lawltech.com/deals/motherboard_deals..._sli,_mcp,_atx,_amd/ "

The one that I am using now that works is " www.lawltech.com/deals/motherboard_deals..._sli,_mcp,_atx,_amd/ "

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1128 by Saka
Can you please post all your settings? Especially replacements and URL exceptions.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #1132 by Phishie

Thank you

UPDATE: Haha I changed URL replace å=>aa to å=>aaa and now it works. But now I am guessing it won't let me create a URL with 'aaa' in it if I wanted to. I think this would still be considered a bug...

Can I just remove the URL replaces all together? I don't think I'll ever be using 'Ã¥' in any of my titles. hehe...

17 years 2 months ago #1133 by Saka
It's not a bug, it's a limitation explained here: www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#18

If you don't need a replacemnt for å just remove it. It's put there merely for demonstration purposes.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch