mtree in the moset tree url

17 years 2 months ago #1160 by floatingworld
I'm using this component with Moset Tree. I see the urls look like this:
/mtree/east-maui/hana/hana-ranch-restaurant/details/

Is there any way I can replace "mtree" with "restaurant-directory"

Hoping to hear back soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #1162 by Saka
Yes you can, and if you read the documentation (help files) it is explained pretty well how to do it.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4992 by elwalker
Hello. I too would like to make this modification. Can you remind me where the specific instruction is to make this change? I can't find the relevant part of the documentation to do this.

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4993 by Saka
Do you guys ever read help files?
Go to Sef Advance in Joomla admin, click on Configurations, then click on Help button in toolbar. Read the part about "Strings Tab" and 3rd paty components.

Note that replacing the string is only possible for components with sef_ext.php extension for SEF Advance. It's not possible for components that only use router.php for core-SEF on Joomla 1.5.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 11 months ago #4994 by elwalker
Thanks for the reply. I still can't find that help file. Does it exist somewhere else maybe on your site?

Anyhow, I don't think this string function is what I need now. I'm going to customise URLs using the alias function. However I have a new conundrum for you:

My site: www.adventure-cornwall.co.uk/

I'm trying to change the non-SEF file name: index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=44&Itemid=203

To: surfing-cornwall

I know how to do this using the alias function but I'm only having partial success as follows:
1. If I copy and paste the above non-SEF file name into the address bar, the URL changes to surfing-cornwall - success!
2. If I go in through the main menu and navigate to water, the URL changes to surfing-cornwall - great!
3. However if I navigate in through Mosets Tree directory ( www.adventure-cornwall.co.uk/mtree/ ) through the Water section and click on Surfing Cornwall, the URL shows: www.adventure-cornwall.co.uk/mtree/water/surfing-cornwall/

How can this be if I got the non-SEF URL through Mosets Tree directory in the first place?

I'm worried that Google will see surfing-cornwall and /mtree/water/surfing-cornwall/
as separate pages, therefore duplicate content.

Can you see what's going on here?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

14 years 11 months ago #4995 by Saka
Turn off SEF Advance temporarily and compare the links. maybe they have different Itemid or something. You will need to add both versions to alias.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch