block directory in .htaccess?

17 years 2 months ago #1167 by reglist
I have Joomla installed in the root & SEF Advance working. However, I added a non-Joomla folder at the root level, and now the file paths used by the program I'm running are messed up.

1. Is there a away to disallow mod rewrite on this non-Joomla directory? or,

2. If I install Joomla in a subdirectory, is it possible to remove the /joomla in the URL with this plug-in so that it appears my files are in the root directory, and thus a shorter URL?

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #1183 by g3brown
I'm not an htaccess expert by any means, and I don't entirely understand your question. That said though, I have several sites that have other non-joomla folders in their root; including other php scripts. I don't have problems with the root htaccess nor SEF Advance interfering with sub directories. Perhaps you could place a clean htaccess in the folder your having trouble with.

The only thing I can think of that would cause problems is if you have a section / category name the same as the name of your folder. For instead you have a section called 'foo' and then you create a directory 'foo'. I would think that could definitely cause problems and one or the other would have to be renamed.

Hope that helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch