SEF Changing Page Layout

17 years 1 month ago #1189 by caviwipes
Hi Guys,

Been having SEF running for quite sometime but have now run into a problem that I am not sure how to fix.

I turned off SEF for a while when doing some maintenance work on the site.  Among other things I upgraded SEF to 5.3.  I did not care of about the previous SEF data so I uninstalled the old one and installed the new one.

What happens now when SEF is enabled is that it puts the MAIN page above all my Category pages.  So, it used to be:

FUN CATEGORY

now it instead looks like

MAIN
FUN CATEGORY

This have happened to ALL my pages.  Anyone seen this strange behavior before?

My client is a bit touchy about his site so please contact me privately if you need to see an example.

Thanks
Caviwipes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #1222 by InnerFlash
If you're using Firefox, you can install the Firefox extension "Firebug". You can download it from here:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843

Since I started using this extension, site development became much easier as I can see, with Firebug's help, which line of which CSS needs change, how tags are affected by it and even change the layout real time (only for debugging, of course, as you will need to change files directly.

Your problem sounds like a layout problem to me, not a SEF Advance, as the extension does nothing to a page's layout.

Give it a try  ;)

Community for Portuguese speaking Digital Artists...
www.artistadigital.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch