SERP Listing Question

17 years 1 month ago - 17 years 1 month ago #1197 by Duke
Is there a way to configure SEF Advance (I'm using 5.3.3) so Search Engines such as Google not only list the site name when a keyword/keyword phrase is entered, but also the keyword phrase being queried as well?

For example, I'll use the article "why women smell good" posted on my Joomla News Page and adjacent discussion article in my vBulletin Forum .

If you look at the SERP Result , you'll notice I'm indexed as follows:

1. Joomla SERP Result:

Lifesupporters.com
Ever wonder why guys usually smell like walking armpits but women always manage to smell good even without showering daily? Yes Health guys, you guessed it, ...
www.lifesupporters.com/family_friendly_n...hy_women_smell_good/ - 26k -

2. vBulletin SERP Result:

Why women smell good - Lifesupporters.com Forums
Ever wonder why guys usually smell like walking armpits but women always manage to smell good even without showering daily?... More...
www.lifesupporters.com/forums/family-fri...smell-good-5435.html -

What I'm curious about is if there is a way to make my Joomla SERP Result match my vBulletin Results? Personally, I think it would be a lot better if my SERP Results not only listed the site name but also the topic being queried.

I know it's just a minor aesthetic request so I understand if there's no current method to make this happen, I'm merely looking for continuity between Search Results for my sites content.

I've searched around here a bit and haven't come up with anything that answers my question so I apologize if it has already been addressed.

Thanks,

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #1208 by it-info
Well, this has nothing to do with Sef-Advance...
You have to enable Dynamic Page Titles in Joomlas main-configuration under "SEO" tab....
if that dont help, mybe it is overidden by your template or so.....

Regards, Christian

17 years 1 month ago #1209 by Duke
Thanks for the reply but I must admit to being a little confused. I've checked my SEO settings in the Joomla ACP as well as SEF Advanced and I believe them both to be configured properly. Of course I've been wrong before so this wouldn't be the first time.

I do have Dynamic Page titles enabled in Joomla and have had them set this way since day one which was my basic reason for asking.

If the template can actually override this setting, where would I even begin to look? I'm using a modified version of the default template that ships with Joomla, rhuk_solarflare_ii so this would be the last thing I'd think to check for.

Thanks.

17 years 1 month ago #1213 by Saka
Yes, the answer is in dynamic titles. In the first case the page title is unchanged and that's why you only have simple listing.

As said, make sure that you have dynamic titles turned on in Joomla configuration. If something is overriding this setting you can also use alias in SEF Advance to setup a custom title for this page. Check the help page for Alias in SEF Advance configuration for more details.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch