Sef Advance for joomla 1.5

17 years 1 month ago #1237 by netfly
Hello Saka,

I'm planning to make a nex site and use SEF Advance like for another site of mines. However, I don't know if it's possible to run the component with legacy mode... or can you tell us when you will realise sef advance for joomla 1.5

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #1240 by it-info
Forget Joomla.... move to Mambo... the upcomming 4.7 and also the current 4.6 branch are much much much better in direct comparision.
Joomla is just a pice of **** after their misinterpretation of the GPL.
Im sorry to say that so hard, but wake up and go through the facts for our self.... The only thing you will hear from the Joomla Officials are the same bull****...  just some out-flees and disclaims and so on.

Sef-Advance run with Mambo already, so no need to stick with Joomla.

17 years 1 month ago #1242 by netfly
it-info,

walk away from joomla and going where? Mambo? please!

Just to remember you the SEF Advance FAQ:

SEF Advance is compatible with Joomla! 1.0 series and Mambo 4.5 series (4.5.0-4.5.4). It will also be made compatible with the upcoming Joomla! 1.5 (once stable).
While it has been confirmed to work with Mambo 4.6, we can not guarantee all functionality or give support for this version of Mambo as we are committed to Joomla! development.

Then use mambo if you want but personaly I like to work with Joomla! and Drupal depending on my projects. I have worked with mambo in the past... mambo is the past.  :)

17 years 1 month ago #1247 by it-info
Netfly your posts sounds like you are a bit missinformed....
Here is what emir told me :

>Will work Sef-Advance with Mambo 4.6.x?

It already does.

Also you say Mambo is the past? Funny funny......
Please tell me Mr. Soinformed (or missinformed?) what advantages Joomla 1.0x series has/had over the Mambo 4.5.x or even 4.6.x branches?
Please really tell me, i know the answer because im using both cms' since long times...
The Joomla guys are funny people, in the 2 years since fork from Mambo, only 1% have changed from Mambo 4.5.x
Even 1.5 has no real advantages over 1.0.x nor has it over Mambo 4.6x. or even will have 4.7 nor even even over Mambo 5.0.
This is a fact.

And Mambo is not the Mambo it was before the joomla fork, because all former Mambo-devs have foremd Joomla, so Mambo is completely new....

But you will see......

Regards, itinfo

17 years 1 month ago #1248 by netfly
it-info,

I really don't want to discuss Mambo x Joomla here or anywhere. If Mambo if the right CMS for your projects then I'm happy for you.
I just want to know from Saka if he have a time frame to release SEF Advance for Joomla 1.5.

Thx.

17 years 1 month ago #1253 by Saka
SEF Advance does not work on Joomla! 1.5 RC. No attempts will be made to make it compatile until 1.5 is stable, and I mean really stable.

As for Mambo, even though I stated that it will no longer be supported, in the light of recent development, I will revise that statement and do my best to make SEF Advance support future versions of Mambo as well, if possible.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch