I just transferred my Joomla site to a new host...

17 years 1 month ago #1243 by Phishie
And I am not going to change the DNS information for the domain until I am sure that my site is up and running completely. Right now I can't work on my site because I get this error:

Error!

The installed copy of SEF Advance is not licensed for 208.101.59.196
Please notify the site admin to purchase a valid license of SEF Advance for this site at www.sakic.net

I am working on a temporary URL right now until I get the site going. I need to get rid of SEF Advance right now and it isn't uninstalling correctly from the admin panel. Where can I find instructions to completely manually uninstall SEF Advance?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #1255 by Saka
Just delete the files and it should be uninstalled. You can also send a mail with the license request to add this temp domain.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 7 months ago #3788 by mafunk
Just deleting the files does not work.  See my post here:
www.sakic.net/forum/sef_advance/sef_proh...m_pissed-t923.0.html

I actually deleted an entire account and recreated it (had used SEF advanced on the URL in the past).  Now I can't even use my URL because SEF is giving this error message.

I think this is a major problem/issue with your software. It is one thing to protect your copyright. It is another thing to hold someones URL hostage.

To clarify
It is my URL
It once had SEF Advance
We deleted our hosting account and ALL files
We created a new hosting account
We are trying to build a new site
We can't because SEF Advance is generating errors on our account

I've emailed support. But I want this fixed immediately. They should not be able to hold a URL hostage when that URL is not even using their software  >:(

15 years 7 months ago #3792 by Saka
If you are sure you uninstalled and deleted SEF Advance then it must have been some issue with caching with you or the proxy. I got your mail that it's working now so it must have been that.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch