URLs broken after cloning production site over test site

17 years 4 weeks ago #1259 by stanman1
I recently cloned my production site and used it to replace my test site on a development server. Ever since then none of my menu links (other than links to components) work.

Instead of opening the page it just goes to the root address and appends a "/" character. I posted this question to the Joomla forum and users suggested that I check to make sure the $mosConfig_absolute_path and $mosConfig_live_site variables were properly configured.

I have double and triple-checked that to ensure they've been changed to reflect the proper information (development server instead of production) and they're right.

Because SEF Advance controls the generation of URLs on our sites I thought this was the next logical place to come for help.

Here's info about our specific setup that might help you when troubleshooting:
  • Joomla version = 1.0.12
  • SEF Advance version = 4.9.1

FYI, I looked on the About screen of our SEF Advance component and noticed something interesting. The subdomain with which we're having this problem is listed twice in the "Licensed to" field. Can this explain why the test site isn't working? If so, how do I go about requesting that the duplicate entry be swapped with another subdomain that we intend to launch later this fall?

Thanks in advance for your help; this is a big problem for us!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 week ago #1335 by stanman1
Would someone PLEASE reply to this post? I'm really stuck here!

17 years 1 week ago - 17 years 1 week ago #1336 by Saka
-Make sure that you replaced your .htaccess with the one included in SEF Advance zip file.
-Also make sure you don't use short URLs or if you use them make sure you have configured title aliases in every content item.
-Remove everything from "URL replace" field in SEF Advance configuration.

License should have nothing to do with the problem you have but please make sure you run the latest version of SEF Advance before you contact us for support using the contact form .

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 1 week ago #1343 by stanman1
I tried everything you suggested and it still doesn't work. Now what?

17 years 1 week ago #1345 by Saka
Contact support with your access info. Make sure you run the latest version of SEF Advance.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 11 months ago #1395 by stanman1
You can consider this ticket closed. The problem automagically resolved itself.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch