CPU Usage Issue

17 years 3 weeks ago #1284 by stumpy_dan
Hi..

I have a bike site http://www.ibikeride.com

It uses a lot of video so without your plug in my site would lack flavour so thanks.

I got shut down by my shared server provider due to high CPU. I have since enabled cache. 

My site get maybe 200 users a day max

I believe that the AllVideo and my SEF Advance application are major contributors (the latter more).

This is because I set debug to on and got the attached debug report from the home page. I posted on the Joomla forum and from the advice they put it down to these two elements anyway but you know your product best so I am here;)..

I’m not a developer which is why Joomla and plug in’s like yours are just brilliant. Is there anything I or you can do to improve this?

I amusing version 5.3.3

Any help appreciated as I it seems to be running hundreds of quiries and I will need to very reluctantly disable it unfortunatley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #1726 by illPhever
stumpy dan,

did you come to any resolution?  i am also on a shared server and have had issues with high utilization.

16 years 9 months ago #1728 by Saka
I have just done an optimization that cut down the number of executed DB queries.

A somewhat higher number of database queries was being executed due to a change in handling aliases added in v5.3. I moved back to the old way of handling aliases which should reduce the number of queries again. So please try the latest SEF Advance revision (v5.4.5).

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch