Alias is not working

17 years 3 days ago #1366 by twelliott
I have just upgraded to version 5.3.5, but I also had the following problem with version 5.3.3. Basically, it seems the Alias function does not work on my site.

Here is an example of what I would like to do:

When SEF Advance is off, my "vintages" page is at the following URL:

www.aeroswine.com/content/view/15/31/

So I set this up on the Alias & Meta page with the following as the Non-SEF URL:

content/view/15/31/

I alias to vintages.html, save and turn SEF Advance on which results in the following URL:

www.aeroswine.com/aeros-vintages/vintages/aeros-vintages/

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
--
Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 days ago #1368 by Saka
You need to enter non-sef URL.
Instead of: content/view/15/31/
you need: index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=31

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 days ago #1369 by twelliott
Now I get it... I knew it was something simple.

One problem is I had Joomla's SE Friendly URL option on which messed up the URL's when SEF Advance was turned off.

Many thanks,
--
Tim

17 years 2 days ago #1370 by Saka
Yes, you need to temporarily turn off SEF in global configurations in order to find out non-sef URL.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 days ago #1371 by Greg
Hi,

I haven't got a really similar problem, but in my case, when I create an alias like this:

index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=163 to alias "Forum", so for this one it's work fine.

But all the others links inside the forum turn back to /option,com_smf/Itemid,163/board,12.0.html

Don't know how to solve this  :-\

Any idea Emir  ???

Thanks a lot

Greg

Joomla 3.4.3 / SefAdvance 1.8.0 / AJAX Register 1.8.8 / virtuemart 3.0.9.4 / PHP 5.4.43

17 years 2 days ago #1372 by Saka
Of course they do. You can't create a general alias for all forum links. Alias must be entered manually for each link separately.

To integrate a component with SEF Advance automatically you need extension. For SMF Bridge there is an extension, look at the extensions page .

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch