SEF Advance Installation Problem - key.txt does not exist!

17 years 1 day ago #1385 by benau
When installing SEF Advance I get the following error from the Joomla (1.0.13 Stable [Sunglow]) Component Installer:

File
/home/b/bah/mydomain.info/public/www/media/install_46f1b3077f846/key.txt does not exist!

To humour the Joomla installer I even attempted to create the folder mentioned above in the correct location and upload my key.txt into place but it seems that each new installation attempt generates a unique 'install_....' directory and this didn't work.

How do I get around this installation error?

All thoughts thankfully received.

Best wishes,

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 day ago #1387 by Saka
Must be something special with your server / installation. Can you install other components? Is your safe_mode ON?

If you still can't install it send a mail with your admin password and FTP info and I will have a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 6 hours ago #1390 by benau
I can install other components. The only two components I have installed (aside from Joomla 10.0.13 pre-installed components) are joomlaXplorer (Joomlacode.org) and Community Builder (joomlapolis.com) these installed without a problem.

PHP safemode is ON. My hosting provider will not change this.

Can you tell me how to install the component manually using FTP? If I fail then I will take up your kind offer to look at the Joomla back end and FTP into the filespace.

Best wishes,

Ben

16 years 11 months ago #1394 by Saka
safe_mode can cause problems for Joomla installer. It's funny that you could install any component then. SEF Advance can be installed manually but that requires some effort since you must install the database tables using phpMyAdmin too. Also if you have safe_mode ON ionCube loaders will not work in dynamic mode anyway, meaning ionCube loader must be installed in php.ini. Send me a mail with all access info and I will see what I can do.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 11 months ago #1397 by benau
ok - have sent u details as requested.

16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #1400 by Saka
Just installed using Joomla's component installer without problems...
Not sure why you got error when you tried.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch