Empty alias for static content used for homepage

16 years 11 months ago #1414 by alejo
Hi:

My homepage, the first menu in mainmenu called Home, is a static content page. I have tried creating an alias for it, by leaving the alias field empty, but it stills shows up as:

www.domain.com/Home

The non-sef url is:

index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26

I have read that this approach should work for 3rd party components. Should it also work with static content pages? If not, is there any sort of workaround? I am trying to migrate from OpenSEF which does show the Home menu as www.domain.com and I can't until I find a solution to this problem.

Thanks!

jReviews :: Directory / Ratings / Reviews
www.reviewsforjoomla.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #1415 by Saka
Hi,

I just tried and it works perfectly on my test site. "Home" is not shown in URL. My only guess is that you are entering wrong non-sef URL. Please disable SEF completely in Global Configurations to find out correct non-sef URL. Also make sure you use latest version of SEF Advance.

If it still doesn't work send me the access details so I can take a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 11 months ago #1421 by alejo
I downloaded the latest version yesterday. I tried putting other aliases and they work, only empty does not work. For now I put   instead of empty and that results in url: www.domain.com/ /

I have sent you access via PM. Thanks for looking into this. The sooner the better so search engines rankings will not suffer.

www.reviewsforjoomla.com

16 years 11 months ago #1426 by Saka
I fixed it now. Apparently it was working in version 5.0 but not in 5.3, and I was testing with 5.0 on my local site.

I fixed it now in 5.3.8 revision and updated your site.

Thanks for pointing out this issue.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 11 months ago #1427 by alejo
Thanks Emir, as always you have been very helpful!

www.reviewsforjoomla.com

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch