[solved] About the SEF Advance 5.4 Upgrade

16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #1450 by Greg
Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's always possible to just replace the files with the new ones with this 5.4 version, because anytime I uninstall the old version and so reinstall the new one, all my RSS links are regenerate.
So it's a little bit annoying for the sites where my feed is on....

Thanks a lot

greg

Joomla 3.4.3 / SefAdvance 1.8.0 / AJAX Register 1.8.8 / virtuemart 3.0.9.4 / PHP 5.4.43

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #1451 by Greg
Ok auto awnsering from me  ;D

NO this is not recommended because there's a new created table querie in the install

::)

Anyway, do you think if I cut the syndication just before the install and put it on again just after, am I right ?

Joomla 3.4.3 / SefAdvance 1.8.0 / AJAX Register 1.8.8 / virtuemart 3.0.9.4 / PHP 5.4.43

16 years 11 months ago #1452 by Saka
I don't understand what does RSS syndication have to do with SEF Advance.

To upgrade just do as advised: export your settings, uninstall, install new, import the settings.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 11 months ago #1453 by Greg
Thanks for replying so quick Emir  ;)

What I try to explain (so frenchy inside) is that when I reinstall the components, all my latest news are regenerated on the RSS feed, so they appear all once again in one time on all the aggregator news site where I'm registered.

But, I don't know why....

Ok let's do it for example, and after if it does it again, I will attach a screenshot with my post.

Be back...

16 years 11 months ago #1456 by Greg
After my own test everything is OK.

So what I've done is to disable temporally the RSS feed, done the upgrade and thent put the feed on again, and so this time it's work with no regeneration of all  my last 15 news in my RSS.

Anyway thanks  ;)

16 years 11 months ago #1458 by Saka
OK, get it now. Good you solved it.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch