How to Upgrade to 5.4 and keep settings?

16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #1499 by KaJoomLa
Upgrade to 5.4 instructions say:

To upgrade from previous version export your settings, uninstall the old version, install the new one and import the settings again. No data will be lost.

How do I export my settings?  Tried the 'backup' feature in SEF but doesnt seem to do anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #1501 by joomla
If you use version with export features use command "Export" (top right corner), than you will see file offered for export, called "sefbackup.xml".

If you using version without export features, you should setup configuration again, after fresh installation of latest one!

What is your current version?

16 years 9 months ago #1776 by KaJoomLa
I am using  version 5.3.7 and looking to upgrade to latest version 5.5.1

Existing version has 'export' button but nothing seems to happen when I click.

Thx for help

16 years 9 months ago #1777 by KaJoomLa
SOLVED:  Even tho the backup button does not return any obvious confirmation that the backup file was created...it actually does.  In my case it created a backup file in my local download folder as 'sefbackup.xml'.

I uninstalled old version in Joomla Admin, then installed new version and used the sefbackup.xml as import file. New version then configured with settings.  TaDa!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch