Hello Emir,

generally my URLs should look like:
domain.com/section/categorie/item.htm

but my sections and categories should look like:
domain.com/section/
or
domain.com/section/category/

Is that possible?

The reason: I have promoted all my URLs on www.baby-welten.de like that. Now I installed SEF-Advance and it seems to be not possible to do that with the alias-function - I allways get domain.com/section.htm or domain.com/section/category.htm. Can you help me?

Regards
Peter

Regards
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #1573 by Saka
It's not possible with SEF Advance unfortunately. It always generates the extension, if selected.

I understand that you might have used some other SEF extension that might have work differently but SEF Advance can't adjust to other SEF components. The old section/category links should still work though, even though they will be generated differently on your site.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 10 months ago #1588 by Diarmiud
Thank you for your answer. It´s a difficult decision for me because some important keywords are affected.

Any chance that there will be a possibility in future versions?

Regards
Peter

16 years 10 months ago #1589 by Saka
We'll see. :)

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 10 months ago #1593 by Diarmiud
O.k. - then I´ll wait first, although I already bought SEF Advance for that domain.

Please allow me, to give you some more reasons to integrate that feature:  ;)

I think that more and more people will change from OpenSEF to SEF Advance, because there are a lot of problems on some site and the further develpment is unsure and always shiftet. (I myself have two other sites for which I want to change)

And the URLs with / are important for them because they are the URLs for the sections and categories...

And, last not least, the possibility to have / URLs for some pages and .htm - URLs for other pages are maybe interesting for all of your users.

Regards
Peter

Regards
Peter

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch