SOBI2 extension: Entries with item ID in SEF URL?

16 years 10 months ago #1671 by Willi
Hi!

I am using SOBI2 and would like to activate SEF URLs. Therefore I take a look at the SOBI2 extension for SEF Advanced.

The main problem is, that I have a lot of items with the same item title in different SOBI categories (and also in one category). All these items that are on the same level (for example: SOBI root directory => ID=0) and have the same item title are transformed in the same SEF URL.

For example:

1.) www.mywebsite.com/icecream-smith.html
2.) www.mywebsite.com/icecream-smith.html

But these items are different entries in different SOBI categories. Therefore you don't know wich is the right one and you get in trouble with using these SEF links. :(

Is it possible to modify the SOBI2 extension to give every entry its item ID?

Like:

1.) www.mywebsite.com/icecream-smith_390.html
2.) www.mywebsite.com/icecream-smith_192.html

How can it be done?

I would appreciate if someone could help me!

Willi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #1672 by Saka
That's a limitation of the extenson for SOBI2. It could be done only by changing the extension logic for this extension which takes time. Time = money. :)

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 10 months ago #1673 by Willi
Oh, I thought it could be done in an easier way... just to put a variable like $itemid somewhere in the extension code... :-\

How much time would it take... or better: how much money would it cost to get the logic changed (with logic "_itemid" after the item title)? I think, maybe this could also be an improvement for other users to get unique SEF URLs...?

Willi

16 years 10 months ago #1674 by Saka
Since SOBI2 extension is not encoded you can always experiment yourself and try to do it.

If you need my help contact me on mail and I will try to get a cost estimation for you.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 4 months ago #4386 by pilotjourney
What is the latest on this topic?

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch