900 "not found" errors in first 36 hours....yikes!

16 years 9 months ago #1739 by Elles
I've just updated about 36 hours ago, and have already logged nearly 900 errors in the error log.  This is pretty bad, right?  What might I have done wrong in my configuration to have created this cavalcade of errors?  ???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #1740 by Saka
First read what the log says and accessing the URLs, together with debug, try to locate the error.
The most common error in configurations is with URL replace: www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#19

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 9 months ago #1746 by arnoldcr
i'm getting the same problem here, i checked my logs, the component is rewriting the urls but when i click the link is going to 404, only making aliases is working

16 years 9 months ago #1747 by Saka
You should also check the FAQ, this one in particular: www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#19

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 9 months ago #1748 by arnoldcr
Emir, thanks, firts i checked i didn have so many replacements, second chance you said i checked and it aws a "," i deleted and now is working,thank you for your help
;D

16 years 9 months ago #1750 by ekal
Hi Emir

It would probably help if the 404 errors were sorted by occurence.

Currently its hard to wade through 100s of URLs without knowing which ones are urgent.

The web's best Joomla! SEO resources: Alledia.com
Joomla Training in the USA: JoomlaTraining.com

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch