'You need to login' suddenly prevents users from reading articles

16 years 9 months ago #1775 by Saka
Please use the .htaccess file that comes with SEF Advance and revert to original settings and try again.
If you can't find out what's wrong send a mail with the access info.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #1802 by ginajack
Emir

I am experiencing the exact same problem after uploading the 5.5 Upgrade.  The EXACT same "you need to login" to read any article issue.

I replaced the htaccess file, No Good.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the component and found the same problem.  When I delete the component completely - everything works fine.

I then reverted back to the 5.4.4 version (replaced the htaccess file with corresponding zip version)  and unfortunately, have the same problems. 

Items in the sitemap show "not authorized to view this resource"  Thus Google shows 23 unknown URLs and I now think these may have existed  since the 11/27 upgrade.

I think I need you go take a look - I am not a programmer and absent your specific (simple) instructions, I will be lost in the woods.

16 years 9 months ago #1803 by klp29
Ok - Saka is normally very fast at fixing things, so I hope we can soon have our sites running smoothly again. :)

:] Have a smiley day

Kenneth Lund

Using SefAdvanced at:
www.bryllup.dk - online weddingplanning
www.kennethlund.dk - personal blog
www.soundpeople.dk - social network for producers

16 years 9 months ago #1804 by ginajack
Emir,

Since my last post and email, I went back to the site, refreshed, and everything is now fine - albeit with the older version of the component 5.4  Cache cleared apparantely.

Waiting for your advice on the 5.5.2

16 years 9 months ago #1808 by Saka
klp29: do you use latest version (5.5.2)?
gina: activate debug and see what it returns. Make sure you have default settings too.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 9 months ago #1813 by ginajack
Emir,

Really weird but I just reinstalled the 5.5.2 version - initiated it to debug - kept default and everything was clear/clean.  Installed the backup settings and we are still good. All articles post fine.

Not sure what the problem was/is. 

I also notice that now there is 5.5.3 version available?

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch