SEF Advance + amember

16 years 8 months ago #1887 by dainis
Hi,

I'm using membership software called amember. It allows me to make www.rglohjahwwans.com into a paid membership site.

At this time, I just cut and copied the code for certain pages (outside of joomla), in order to create the following pages:

www.rglohjahwwans.com/yearly-membership-thank-you.html
www.rglohjahwwans.com/monthly-membership-thank-you.html
www.rglohjahwwans.com/isr-compilation-thank-you-url.html
www.rglohjahwwans.com/clear-cart-url.html
www.rglohjahwwans.com/public-affiliate-tools.html

I just downloaded the 5-day trial of SEF Advance, and what I would like to do is use SEF Advance to make the above URL's into "public" pages in Joomla. I think I can do that by choosing a "public" directory in amember. At least that's how I envision it working the best, because then, if I want to make something "public" I can just save it to that directory.

Also, I'd like to create partial public content using SEF URL's. That means that certain articles on my site will be partially public (people will be able to read a summary and will need to join to read more).

So, basically what I'm asking is:

1) Is what I'm wanting to do going to be possible using SEF Advance
2) What's the best set-up/procedure for me to follow, especially regarding the partially public content?

Best wishes and a happy prosperous, blissful 2008 to all of you!

Sincerely,
Dainis

PS--Similar themed post here:
www.rockettheme.com/option,com_smf/Itemid,190/topic,23636.0/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #1890 by Saka
1) Is what I'm wanting to do going to be possible using SEF Advance

Yes, you can just create static content pages with that titles (e.g. "Yearly Membership Thank You") and set them public. SEF Advance will convert their URLs to what you want.

2) What's the best set-up/procedure for me to follow, especially regarding the partially public content?

Partially public content can be made with Joomla access levels but it may require some custom programming to achieve what you want. Anyway, this hasn't do anything to do with SEF Advance.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch