Sef Advance 5.5 reduces queries, UPDATE!

16 years 8 months ago #1940 by GabyZ
I was testing my website to reduce queries for the main page, i managed to get 100 queries instead of 234 by removing the mambot "bot_adsense", "bot_glossary" and other little fixes. I also wanted to see if Sefa reduced queries with the latest version. I was thinking that with the new features queries will grow up but Saka reduced them by about 40 queries!!

So for all those that are waiting to upgrade... do it! Export the settings, uninstall the old version and install the latest one then reimport the backup.

Thanks Saka, keep improving it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #1941 by GabyZ
PS: If anyone knows some tips could link or post them here please? I'd like to reduce queries as much I can as I have a homepage with too much content  ;D

16 years 8 months ago #1942 by Saka
Actually it was only v5.3 and v5.4 (prior to 5.4.5) that had this increased number of queries due to a feature added in 5.3, as explained here:
www.sakic.net/news/product_updates/

So users running 5.2 and older should also have low number of queries but, of course, it's always best to run the latest version, it also includes some new features.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 8 months ago #1943 by GabyZ
I didn't find the product updates page with that info, however queries ar less than with the 5.2 version ;).

16 years 8 months ago #1944 by Saka

I didn't find the product updates page with that info, however queries ar less than with the 5.2 version ;).

Really? Even better then. :)

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 8 months ago #1945 by GabyZ
Yes, tested before and after with debug option enabled and cache activated for Sef Advance. I was surprised to see that the normal Joomla integrated cache adds 50 queries...

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch